Overpowered with a sense of guilt, I would then be on a mission to attempt reversing the bad done in any ways possible - getting better rest, re-moderating my diet, and trying out remedies with promising rejuvenating and revitalizing powers, all in the hope for a fair fight against those winning bugs. Better late than never, no?
This drink then makes my personal remedy at home that comes in handy without all the hassle and needing not much time preparing it. While it may not miraculously banish all the symptoms right away, it sure works its way in taming down the excessive heat in the body regulating the internal temperature after a while. A natural herbal drink, the Buddha fruit, best known as "luo han guo" in Chinese, has always been a cooling remedy used traditionally in Chinese medicine. Naturally sweet, it is a pleasant cooling beverage on its own needing no other ingredients to enhance its flavor and taste. Adding the dried longan however does bring hype to the drink, making it a good dessert now while retaining its medicinal properties still. Great served both hot or chilled, this is just as perfect in quenching thirst on any days.
Luo Han Guo with Longan Drink 罗汉果桂圆茶
2 Buddha/luo han guo fruits
50g dried longan, rinsed
1 tbsp rock sugar or 1 tbsp honey (more or less to taste)
1. Briefly rinse the Buddha/luo han guo fruits and crack each into two halves.
2. In a stock pot, fill it with water and add in the Buddha/luo han guo fruits and dried longan. Bring to boil.
3. Turn down the heat to medium-low, cover and let simmer for about 45minutes. The water level will reduce slightly over time.
4. Finish by adding in the rock sugar or honey to taste.
5. Serve hot, warm or chilled.