Packing lunch for hubby to bring to work has since been a pleasure. Although it may mean waking up slightly earlier than he does most of the time, sacrificing some precious beauty sleep ladies can hardly get enough of, having the assurance that he eats well despite his busy schedule at work is a personal satisfaction worth everything else. Plus it always is a good measure taken because in the process, I will always be making one for myself too, ensuring that I have a lunch as good and healthy as he does, raher than grabbing anything on the go otherwise.
Turkey and Ham Wrap with Simple Guacamole
Serves 2 (~450cal a serving)
2 multi-grain wraps
10 slices deli honey smoked turkey breast
10 slices deli forest ham
2 cups of mixed salad leaves (I used the Dole Tender Garden salad)
6 grape tomatoes, halved
2 small handsful gourmet sprouts
3tbsps shredded cheese (I had Kraft pepper jack with green and red jalapenos)
1tbsp honey dijon mustard
1 large hass avocado
1 small red onion, diced
salt and black pepper to taste
1. Peel and mash the avocado in a serving bowl. Add in the diced red onion and mix well. Sprinkle in salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
2. On a multi-grain wrap, spread out and arrange a cup of mixed salad in a line across the wrap.
3. Spoon in 1/4 of the simple guacamole and spread evenly on top of the salad bed. Top with half of the grape tomatoes, distributing evenly.
4. Folding the deli meat each in half, lay down half the meat next alternating between the turkey and ham across the wrap. Spread 1/2tbsp of honey dijon mustard across the line of meat.
5. Spread another 1/4 of the simple guacamole, then top it off with half of the shredded cheese.
6. Finish with lining it with a small handsful of gourmet sprouts.
7. Roll up neatly and tightly. Cut the wrap in half crosswise and secure each half with a toothpick. End by wrapping each half separately.