|fried firm tofu, carrots, cucumber and bean sprouts |
- the keys to a good piece of stuffed tofu
Stuffed Tofu 豆腐塞豆芽
Makes 4 pieces of stuffed tofu
2 pcs fried firm tofu
1/4 greenhouse seedless cucumber, julienned
2" carrot, julienned
1 handful bean sprouts, rinsed and ends trimmed
a pinch or two or salt
1. Have the steamer ready. Bring the tofu pieces to steam for about 2 minutes to soften and thoroughly heated through. Remove from steamer after that and let cool.
2. Meanwhile, bring in the bean sprouts, sprinkle in some salt, and let steam for about 1 to 2 minutes until they look slightly wilted. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. When the tofu pieces have cooled down enough to be handled comfortably with hands, have the tofu halved diagonally. Make a slit down the center on the non-fried side, removing bits of the tofu flesh creating a small pocket for stuffing.
4. In a small bowl, toss together the cucumber, carrot and bean sprouts. Mix evenly.
5. Stuff each of the tofu generously with the mixed vegetables, pass the brim even.
6. Have them served with the Thai sweet chili sauce or peanut sauce on the side.